big_stairfull_pool_sidepool_stairspa_fixstair1full_pool
Ryan Project

Ryan Project

This project had a mechanical and a cosmetic hurdle to overcome.  When the pool was originally built, the builder ran boulders down the raised walls and into the pool.  While it may have given it a natural accent, it created an environment where algae was constantly harbored and hence would just make it hard to keep the pool algae free. I encouraged the customer to tear out the boulders and to rebuild the raised walls, coping, and tile line. Even though it would take time for the new stone work to age and blend in with the existing stone, long term it would make it much easier to keep the pool clean and it would make the pool look more uniform and balanced.  A once inch tile was chosen due to the radius in the pool.  Had we used a 6 inch tile, we would have had to cut in down into 2 or 3 pieces to accommodate the radius turns in the pool.  It’s a great tile because it joins the coping and the plaster perfectly.  We suggested a pebble pool finish based on its durability, its color uniformity, and its overall beauty.  Plus, the pebble hides dirt and stains better than any finish. You will notice that there are lots of steps, a bench, and a tanning shelf in the pool.  In order to make sure those did not become a safety issue, we added a glow in the dark tile so that those structures are obvious to swimmers-especially at night time.  We also added a multi color LED Light to the deep end so that the customer would not only save on electrical cost, but their light would last longer and they would have multi color options.  Finally, I resurfaced the back patio and the pool deck. The customer chose a terra cotta with a classic texture finish and I thought it turned out great. Another satisfied customer!  
click to see photos
baby_poolbaby_pool_tilecorner_fixdiving_boardground_tilesmall_utilitytile_fixtowards_clubhouse
Mira Vista

Mira Vista

The goal of this project was to give the main pool and baby pool finish and update. In the process we also updated the swim lane tile, cleaned the scale off the coping brick, replaced the diving board and powder coated the diving board step. We also checked the lighting on the pool and updated all the light fixtures. Originally the pool had a worn white, portland cement based plaster finish. We drained the pool and removed all the old hollow plaster and installed a bond/primer coat and then installed a new mini pebble finish. You can see the drastic difference between the white plaster and the colored pebble plaster. The color of the new plaster was aqua white. There were also loose tile on the pool that were removed and replaced and we also installed new trim tiles on the steps at all entries. Another great looking pool and happy customer!
click to see photos
merge5merge1merge2merge3merge4img_4302img_4329img_4338img_4355img_4261img_4263img_4284img_4299
Davis Project

Davis Project

This pool was in need of a general remodel. We did not do anything to the pool deck which is a natural broom concrete finish with a stain on it, however, it clashed with the old coping and tile. Additionally, the pool plaster was an original white that did not blend well with the old stone and tile. My general strategy here was to build off the stain color of the pool deck. Oklahoma flagstone with a natural pool tile and a colored quartz finish tied it all together. When we re-veneered the spa with new stone, we also reworked the spillway so that is has a more appealing cascade. When the deck was poured, there was a footing left for a future fire pit, so we formed a new fire pit and veneered it with the Oklahoma. Pool got a nice clean update and customer was happy!
click to see photos
img_9044img_2181img_2192img_2194img_2208img_2211img_2221img_2232img_2234img_2237img_2245img_2251img_2259img_2260img_8967img_8969img_8980img_8983img_9001img_9010img_9018img_9026img_9035
Fey Project

Fey Project

This job was experiencing a mechanical and cosmetic problem. First, pool was built with a brand of pool equipment that was prone to problems, and there was currently a circulation problem. We cut the equipment plumbing at the ground and removed all the equipment and upgraded the check valves, diverter valves and the electronic valves, so that the pool would not allow air into the system when it shut off and so that the water would run much more efficient through the equipment. Next, we removed all the calcium scale from the natural stone and sealed it and then addressed the plaster finish by upgrading it to a pebble finish. The old plaster was a colored plaster that had marbled and faded and once the new pebble finish was in, the pool looked fantastic and flowed a lot better with all the natural stone. We also made some recommendations to the landscapers on how to connect the auto fill from the sprinkler to the pool so that the catch basin would stay full when the pool came on. Pool came out great and customer was happy!
click to see photos
img_9956img_9958img_9973img_9979img_9981img_8205img_8208img_8219img_8225img_8239img_8242img_8247img_8564img_8582img_8601img_8603img_9906img_9916img_9924img_9925img_9928img_9934
Miller Project

Miller Project

This is a nice little pool with spa that just needed the calcium removed from the stone and well as a new plaster finish. Instead of the old standard plaster finish, we upgraded the finish to a Tahoe blue mini pebble that married really well with all the existing flagstone. All in all, the job came out great and customer was satisfied!
click to see photos